Monday, July 30, 2012

Who am I in this messy world?

We are in a mess of relationships with people, things and circumstances. While managing many different expectations and demands (physical, intellectual and emotional) in the life of work, social and family, we get tired and lethargic.

This morning, I had to start my day with a song to remind me of who I am in the midst of all these.


[E]ach one of us is already in a relationship with God before we've ever thought about it. [...] every object or person we encounter is in a relationship with God before they're in a relationship of any kind with us. And if that doesn't make us approach the world and other people with reverence and amazement, I don't know what will.
(Rowan Williams, Tokens of Trust: An Introduction to Christian Belief [USA: Westminster John Knox Press, 2007], p.35.)

No comments: