Saturday, July 09, 2011

Blessed/Cursed interior design?

Chronic book collectors may be interested with the innovative design of this small 'shelf-pod' house in Osaka. To me, I'm not sure if such design is a blessing or a curse.

Certainly, it is soothing to be able to access to references whenever I need, but when it comes to interior design, there is a paradoxical preference for minimalism. Unless of course, one can afford a large storage area. Anyway, here's the shelf-pod (H/T: Joycelyn Ong):



Would this design be a blessing or curse to you if you have it?

7 comments:

eppursimuov3 said...

wow... i think i need this for my books...

Martin Yee said...

My dream house...I love books and more books...but then in Singapore and lack of cash, this remains pipe dream for me :(

But then in my study in Postsecular theology, time and space has been redefined...virtual cyberspace has made this dream realisable and it is not a fire hazard to boot.

But for me nothing beats a real book that I can flip and smell :(

Sze Zeng said...

Hahahaha.. i suppose this design is a blessing to you then. Perhaps it gives you some inspiration for your own house. :-)

Sze Zeng said...

Hi Martin,

Ya.. personally i also prefer hardcopy than softcopy even though the latter is more convenient.

So either we have to earn more money to indulge further or we just have to regulate our indulgence, which I believe we are already been doing..hahaha :-)

YAPdates said...

I think my wife wish I have not seen these photos.

Sze Zeng said...

Yap,

Hahahahahaha this must be one of those moments where ignorance is bliss.

Alex Tang said...

I think this is an inefficient design. The cubes are too small and the edges take up too much space, space that can be used to store more books. Also there is no glass covers to protect the books from dust.