Thursday, April 29, 2010

iPad mania

We are not consumerism's consumer. We don't want to be bombarded by product after product and being told that each of these new products are our 'needs'. Whether is it a 'need' or a 'want', you decide.

Here're two opinions on iPad:

"Do I really need an iPad? Generally, I'd say the answer is no. In fact, try as I might, I can't think of too many situations in which anyone would really need one." (Tim Challies)

"iPad is an elegant solution in search of a problem... Everyone I have shown the device to holds it with childlike wonder and eventually mutters, “Wow. I’ve gotta get one of these!” But after working with it for a week, I have to ask, Why?"" (Michael Hyatt)

2 comments:

reasonable said...

the next device after iPad:

iMad

Sze Zeng said...

Hi reasonable,

How about 'iBroke'? All these 'iConsume' culture is killing the creation as well as ourselves.