Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Amused by a kid

I received this comment from a 14 year-old kid name Joshua. It appears that he attends City Harvest Church and hates the fact that I mentioned his senior pastor's teaching here. His is the most nasty comment I've received in all these years of blogging:
You from trinity(TTC) ? I see how the church build young people like you with a so bright future to flare people from CHC , oh please grow up , TTC is recognize with about 49 country around the globe , do you thing by challenging the word of god , you feel high or what ? I'm a NEUTRAL party , not on any side , but i think Pst.Kong Hee is somehow a recognize leader in the world for what GOOD deeds he have done , you should just stay in your kampong you know , it's like , you come here , given a godly opp , and you should just shut up and clear you shit in TTC and leave , no one wants invaders in singapore , you wasterd , a disgrace to society , how you uphold yourself determines where you from , so from what i see , i see a arrogant poor invader from malaysia , coming here to voice out shit , isn't it ?you should humble when you're here , knowing people can flush you poor rat in the shithole in singapore , and of course , from my tone , indeed i'm angry , and yes , i dare say i judge you in my words , but you judge CHC first , and either you and I have no rights to judge , leave god to judge , if CHC is that bad , God will judge and foresee the church , by saying 'bad' thing about what the pastor , you obviously is trying to bring CHC down , which is somehow barbarians behave , in kampongs . Hope you realize what good deed you have done for us and repent , repent and god will forgive .

Amen .
When I read it, my new friend Terence came to mind. He is also from City Harvest Church. I wonder what would this little Joshua say about Terence. On the other hand, I also wonder if that is what local Singaporean citizens think about non-citizens who disagree with them? From my interaction with various locals, they are friendly and much much more mature and accepting than this little Joshua. So my guess is that this obnoxious kid is in the process of growing up. Hope he does.

7 comments:

SHWong said...

Well, since he claims that he is neutral, he is speaking for all of us. Repent!

gweek said...

I didn't know barbarians lived in kampungs. But he's 14: I'm concerned enough to want to alert his English teacher.

eve+line said...

Well, we were all young and stupid once.

In fact some of us still are!

CHS said...

hmmm ... I wonder if this kid Joshua will grow up to eat back all the words he had said...Well, time is our best judge.

pearlie said...

Oh dear ... but yeah, that was quite amusing. But what's not amusing is that I just watched a bunch of grown ups did the same thing. Sigh ...

Sze Zeng said...

@SHWong, am repenting...

@gweek, I didn't know that too. May be in Malaysia, there are. :D

@eve+line, yes, I still am...

@CHS, that's a scary thoughts, but I really hope this Joshua will progress.

@Pearlie, grown-ups talk like that?? Aiyo...

Ignatius said...

Small Joshua vs SZ Joshua. Interesting! Small Joshua is too emotional to be rational.
As for the part on repenting, shouldn't we?