Monday, November 16, 2009

"Malay" is not defined by descent or bloodlines

"..historically Malay identity was much more fluid and complex.."
(Abdul Rahman Embong).

"What is important is for the government not to continue perpetuating
the myth that there is one set of special rights for Malay [Malaysians]
and another for the rest of our people."
(Zaid Ibrahim)

Read the rest at Nut Graph. Do consider to support the website financially. They have been doing a good job at informing us about current affairs better than the government does.

2 comments:

Ron Choong said...

Hi, Long time no see. I am glad you are now at TTC. I will be at Changi for the day on Jan 8. Check out my new blogs (www.ronchoong.com and www.act4u.wordpress.com)

Ron Choong

Sze Zeng said...

Hi Ron, good to hear from you! Yes, I noticed those new websites when you announced them in the old one. I have updated my links since then. So, I have been reading your wonderful and deeply insightful posts.

I can't confirm my schedule for Jan 8 yet. Will let you know when the time near.

Take care!