Thursday, June 11, 2009

Zondervan Handbook Set @ only $49.90!


Can anything good comes from the Baptist? YES! The Zondervan Handbook set:
Zondervan Handbook of Christian Beliefs edited by Alister McGrath and J.I. Packer.

Zondervan Handbook to the History of Christianity by Jonathan Hill and others.

Location: Singapore Baptist Bookstore. 1 Goldhill Plaza #01-25 S(308899). Tel: 65-6253-7024 or 65-6253-7578

I acquired my set just now. Only SGD$49.90. Both handbooks are concise and provide basic information with sufficient depth to those new to Christianity. They bridge from elementary to intermediate level of learning.

I like especially the one on Christian beliefs as it gives me a simple framework of how to communicate the general Christian view on 'faith', 'relation between science & faith', relation between 'philosophy & faith', and many other basic topics to inquirers.

These are good resources for study groups that seek to explore further on these issues. Perhaps one day I might use one of these for a study group.

And now, I have another work by Alister McGrath added to my collection.

No comments: