Tuesday, May 12, 2009

NT Greek is done with.

I have finished my NT Greek course. This morning's three hours exam marks the end of the course. I'm relief.

Though relief, I'm still being haunted by a horrifying question which was reminded by a friend yesterday, "What will you do after you get the degree?"

"Honestly," I replied, "I have no idea. I just follow my passion. Up until now, what I know is that I need to complete my studies."

And I think that's fair. I am deprived of the privilege of people like St. Paul or Ezekiel or even Jonah. To me, the idea of 'vocation' has to be flexible and ever-changing given the changing needs of each different situation and context. And this is especially true if you are into theology.

As I've hinted previously I'll be majoring in the discourse of the relation between Christianity and the sciences given that this is still an under-developed subject in this region.

3 comments:

Alex Tang said...

Hi Sze Zeng,

I agree with you that the idea of 'vocation' has to be flexible and ever-changing given the changing needs of each different situation and context. And this is especially true if you are into theology . Vocation depends on opportunities, seasons of life and sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. We only know about a small portion of Paul, Ezekiel or Jonah's life. What did they do in other periods of their lives?

I agree also that the area of science and Christianity needs further study and I believe with your keen mind you have much to contribute.

Rubati said...

Erm... don't you actually need a more technical command of the sciences to actually contribute substantially to te dialogue of religion and science?

Sze Zeng said...

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the note and encouragement.


Rubati,

Yes, that's what I'm doing.