- Worship is the public praxis of informing the world of what the world really is, and should be.
- Worship is a self-transcending action that locates the worshiper within the line of tradition of Christians from past generations to future ones. Constituting him/her within the apostolic/universal church, the body of Christ.
- Worship is a socio-political symbol act out to the society and government, indicating the existent of a higher polity in the world.
- Worship is a warrant for the transmission of God's redemptive story from generation to generation.
- Worship is a reminder of humans' essence as fallen creature on one hand; as redeemed saints on the other.
- Finally, worship is something Christians do when they have nothing better to do... heee
Thursday, January 22, 2009
What is 'Worship'?
David Burke has posted a list of description of 'Worship'. In addition, I've come out with a few: