Friday, December 19, 2008

Value = Utilitarian or Intrinsic?

Perhaps this piece of humor has a hint:

A man approaches a beautiful woman in a bar, and without any small talk, asks her, "Will you sleep with me for a million dollars?" The woman took some time and after some thought says, "Yes, I will."

The man responds, "Great. OK, how about for twenty dollars?" The woman looks indignant and replies sternly, "Of course not. What kind of a woman do you think I am?"

The man replies, "We've settled that. Now we are just negotiating the price."

(I first read this from Kishore Mahbubani's 'Can Asians Think?', but this extract is edited from this website.)

Don't just laugh, ponder the question too :-)

2 comments:

Rubati Rabbit said...

I think I'll just laugh. =)

Derek88 said...

I'll keep negotiating for $20....