Friday, December 12, 2008

Conversation that goes no where

Sze Zeng (SZ): The Bible is the inspired word of God.

Joshua Woo (JW): Who said so? Prove it.

SZ: The Bible (immediately SZ quotes from 2 Timothy 3.16-17 as proof).

JW: OK, so the Bible says the Bible is the inspired word of God. Then hear this: I'm the word of God.

SZ: No, u r not (wishing John Calvin is still alive and JW is in Geneva).

JW: Yes, I'm. I can prove it. (quotes the previous sentence: "I'm the word of God")

SZ: But your claim is not valid.

JW: Why the Bible is valid and I'm not?

SZ: Because the Bible is the word of God.

JW: Who said so?

SZ: The Bible, remember 2 Timothy 3.16-17?

JW: That's the same way that I use to argue that I'm the word of God.

SZ: The Bible is reliable and u r not.

JW: Why so?

SZ: The Bible records miraculous events like the resurrection of Jesus.

JW: Actually I'm a resurrected being. U see, I had an accident 8 years ago. I was dead, then 3 days later, I was raised.

SZ: I don't believe u.

JW: Then why do u believe the Bible when it says there were miracles back then?

SZ: Because the Bible says so.
Have you engaged in such conversation before? No? You must be missing something in your life, dude/babe.

1 comment:

pearlie said...

Oh dear, I do the same with myself though not that elaborated.