Friday, November 28, 2008

Vending machine business...


Got this from Brian and I-Ching's website. It's an iPod vending machine! That gives me an idea. Why not I venture into the business of vending machines? My products will be humanities academic books.

Benefit:
1) Rental of space for machine is much cheaper compared to a shop.

2) Maintanance is also cheaper compared to a shop.

3) Mobility: Can put many machines at different faculties of different seminaries/universities. Students or lecturers don't need to travel to the 'nearest' bookshop to get books.

4) Due to lower maintenance cost and cheaper rental, the price of books are cheaper than retail shop.

Downside:
Retail shop owners will kill me!

4 comments:

zenhow said...

ah .. humanities academic books probably wouldn't sell well. You should be looking at books like "Destined to Reign" and "Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential"

Kar Yong said...

Hahaha...great idea! But books are expensive, so that means there would be lots of cash in the machine...and that means....hahaahah...I better stop thinking of what I might do :-)

Sze Zeng said...

Hi zenhow,

Tat's brilliant... i'm thinking of including 'Men's Health' and 'FHM' and the likes. Probably newspaper as well, like how they do it in USA. But the downside of newspaper vending is that you have to update it every morning!

Sze Zeng said...

Hi KY,

if that's the case, I will have to hide the location of the vending machines from you!! Not only from the money but for the BOOKS!!!! :) hahaha