Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Soo Inn on the $$$ crisis

Soo-Inn's reflection on the current global financial crisis:


"Trust in me. I will take care of you. I will give you the desires of your heart. I can't guarantee that you won't fall sick but if you do I can get you the best medical care in the world. Travel? Nice things? No problem. Worship me and you will have more happiness in your life than you can handle. You will be popular. People will look up to you. You can continue to have religion. You can go to church. But trust in God? Hey, have you seen Him recently? But hold up a dollar note. Touch it. Smell it. Now that's real! That's security. So, come, worship me."...

But once in awhile mammon's true colours are revealed. Once in awhile, the fact that money is no god at all becomes ridiculously obvious. The present global financial crisis is one such time. Here is one summary of the cause of the present financial crisis. (continue reading)

No comments: