Friday, October 31, 2008

Blessed Reformation Day

This morning, I SMS a few friends, wishing, "About 491 years ago, a monk nailed his 95 theses on the door of a castle church. Since then the world is never the same again. Happy Reformation Day!"

And some of their humorous replies make my day:
Steven Sim: A monk vandalizing the church! This is scandalous... I thought Buddhist are meant to be peaceful and otherworldly.

Zhenhow: You are so Reformed... I almost forgot about it. All hail Martin Luther!

Kenneth: I think I need to burn a papal bull...
So what's your caption on the nailing of the 95 these and the effected Reformation?
My own is: Actually the monk was repairing the wreck church door. And since his these fit well to stop the 'cricking' sound, he innocently nailed it there without realizing that pedestrians would make a big buzz of it through the centuries.

No comments: