Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wake Up Struggles

30 minutes ago, I have no reason not to wake up. Slept about 2/3am last night. Now it's 8.17am.

When my face was hit by the light of the morning sun, my consciousness has been scheming for excuses to bury myself in the bed. Yes, my stomach is not well, but it does feel fine at the moment.

The poor needs help. A friend needs help. My sinful nature has came out with all the nonsense excuses not to wake up. Excuses upon excuses have been flashing across my mind (Romans 8.7-8). I can just let Steven know that I need to sleep so that he doesn't need to fetch me to help out in his 'relief to the poor' activity later. But...

The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want... (Mark 14.7)

The phrase 'any time you want' is conscience pricking. Add to that, giving encouragement is good but pursuing an ideal side by side is stunning. So, if this is a cause that need to be done, may my stomach be kept well until then.

2 comments:

Steven Sim said...

I hope its worth it...

You should see the face of the mak ciks when i sent them home. The least we can do is to let a world without hope know that there's always hope, somewhere, somehow.

Steven Sim

Sze Zeng said...

Worth it!