Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stop & Stare

This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us
It's time to make our move, I'm shakin off the rust
I've got my heart set on anywhere but here
I'm staring down myself, counting up the years
Steady hands, just take the wheel...
And every glance is killing me
Time to make one last appeal... for the life I lead






Stop and stare
I think I'm moving but I go nowhere
Yeah I know that everyone gets scared
But I've become what I can't be...

Stop and stare
You start to wonder why you're 'here' not there
And you'd give anything to get what's fair
But fair ain't what you really need
Oh, can u see what I see



They're tryin to come back, all my senses push
Un-tie the weight bags, I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now
Gonna run till you can't walk
But something pulls my focus out
And I'm standing down...







Stop and stare
You start to wonder why you're here not there
And you'd give anything to get what's fair
But fair ain't what you really need
Oh, you don't need...





(Lyrics of 'Stop and Stare' by OneRepublic)


A few times I found myself enjoying especially this song whenever I travel to work after the morning class at TTC. The journey puts me at somewhere where I am moving but seems like going no where. Hence I always wonder why 'here' and not 'there'.

Those are the 4 different pictures that I took at Newton Circus food center. Each pictures were taken with different effect and were shot at the same spot, hence featuring one scene.

A view of the partial advertisement, the hawker stalls, and people walking, looking, buying, and eating. All the activities constitute part of the 'daily life'.

I like the idea that whether the scene is cold or hot, colourless or sepia, coloured or negative is up to me- the looker- to capture. Shot it in the midst of rushing from college to office. In between phrases of 'daily life', I just stop and stare.

5 comments:

Blogpastor.net said...

Hmm...a TTC student. Which course and which year? On Monday, I was just with Dr Tan Yak Hwee in JB for class of 85 goodbye lunch for her; and just this afternoon, with a church member in his first semester at TTC, helping him 'adjust' to the new theological environment he finds himself in.

Sze Zeng said...

Hi Kenny,

I'm just taking NT Greek as an occasional student there. Lecturer is Tony Siew. Think you met him on the blogosphere :)

Blogpastor.net said...

We ought to try to meet...Bolivian Beat, yourself, to slug it out, you know, and I as referee. LOL. Yes, sounds like a good idea. If interested, contact me through my website's CONTACT and I'll see if a fellowship of three can be arranged somewhere.

Sze Zeng said...

Hi Kenny,

Oh no... I'm not blogging to make enemies! hahahaha... anyway, I'm interested to go out for a coffee or drink... on slugging one another...well, I think that's rather disturbing.

Blessings.

Blogpastor.net said...

Yes. As you know, just kidding. When is your occassional greek class? Maybe a coffee in the canteen can be arranged before or after class; just for fellowship lah. Will check the possibility for us to caffeinize.