Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Life so far...

A blink of our eyes makes not only time passes by swiftly, it causes some butterfly effects too. In my case, I blink many times in a day as I need to travel in the sun frequently. And traveling under such humidity provokes my eyelids to react. And so they blink.

The butterfly effect is severe. First, I have finally started my studies. Second, I'm now the official honorary (a term people use to avoid 'voluntary') secretary of Graduate Christian Fellowship (GCF) Singapore. If you don't know what is that, just imagine Kofi Anan or Bang Ki-Moon. Actually I also have no idea what am I getting myself in on this. At first I thought it is just a "help-out" kind of involvement, but I was required to sign some official documents. In such situation, the Cantonese proverb is always comforting: Tin Tit Lok Lei Tong Pei Kham (Even if the heavens fell, you may treat it as a blanket).

Thirdly, I'd recently started a project to get rich (so what if I have never dump this aspiration). But since I can't concentrate to focus on my project given the first and second butterfly effects I am facing, hence it will take a long while to accomplish.

Fourthly, please join me to pray for Rowan Williams. He is in deep shit as the Lambeth Conference is just around the corner. On one hand, the unashamed, notorious, trouble-making Gene Robinson might cause unrest during the conference. On the other, some of his ultra-conservative colleagues might pressurize the entire communion to do something drastic and unnecessary. (Ya, sometimes I also wonder why me, a Presbyterian, care? Anyway, just pray la)

How's your life so far, readers?

4 comments:

david santos said...

I loved this post and this blog.
Happy week.

Sze Zeng said...

Hi David,

Thank you. Happy week to you too.

Kar Yong said...

Welcome to GCF

wishes from the ex-executive secretary in Malaysia!

You got to tell us about your studies in TTC!

Sze Zeng said...

Hi KY,

Thank you for the wishes! Time with GCF must a thrilling experience.