Tuesday, July 15, 2008

At Last, First Class!

After ridiculing some fundamentalistic Calvinists, heretics, inerrantists, and doing all sort of things in the past 360++ days, finally I attended my first class at TTC this morning. And serendipitously the lecturer is Tony Siew, the blogger of Revelation is Real!

I had always been wondering what kind of a person is he like, given all the writings and ideas he posted on his blog. Before today I thought Tony is someone very quiet and doesn't talk much because he spends all his time contemplating. But he turns out to be a very friendly and approachable person.



Anyway, the class was exciting and refreshing as I get to re-learn the subject. Stephen Rapkin from ORPC has helped me tremendously to work on it in the past . And hence there was not too much of struggle for me this morning when Tony was being frank with the class by giving a slight demonstration of the difficulty of the course.

I can see that some of my classmates were struggling with the lesson. And it is only the first lesson. I have no doubt that as the lesson goes further, there will be much much more struggles that we have to deal with.

Tony taught very clearly. He conducts the lesson to be as easy and fun as he possibly can. And it is interesting to see the differences between two kind of articulation of the subject. Tony and Rapkin differ slightly on some of the pronunciation of some words. For eg. Rapkin demands more on when it comes to pronouncing all the long vowels. Tony focuses not on all but only on the most obvious ones. Perhaps, he will demand more as the class move forward.

I'm anticipating for the next class already.

2 comments:

Kar Yong said...

Good to know you are finally starting to attend classes! Been on the road for the past 1 week without internet connection, hence only managed to catch up with your very productive blogging activities today.

You will enjoy Greek! I did and still love Greek.

Sze Zeng said...

Hi KY,

Good to hear from you.

I hope I will love this language too.