Thursday, June 19, 2008

Encounter @ TTC

Just now I was at Trinity Theological College's administration office. While waiting for my business, I was flipping through the 2007 Trinity Theological Journal. Then Roland Chia came out from his office and head straight towards me.

At that moment, I thought he was going to strangle me for disagreeing with an article that he wrote. But he didn't! I guess angels must have covered his eyes. Thank God!

So I pretended to be engrossed in reading the journal while my mind was repeatedly re-playing the scene when Jason Bourne was being ambushed and how he countered it. I was so ready to hit his throat with my right hand and shove the journal into his mouth if he really reaches me.



But he didn't. He just walked pass me and exited through the main entrance... phew~ Thank God... if not, TTC will witness red at the office today.

Anyway, we don't know each other la, so it's just a dramatized version... that's what I do when I'm in a queue... hahaha :)

2 comments:

Kar Yong said...

Hi Josh,

For a moment, I thought this is for REAL!!

But again, uou are assuming 2 things:
1) That Roland knows you are the culprit who disagrees with him
2) That Roland actually reads your blog.

I am not sure about TTC, but if this were to happen in STM, chances of my colleagues reading blogs are rather slim.....except for Rabbi, and perhaps another one or two. Most do not read my blog or those of the seminarians.

SO the moral of the story: if you were to disagree with any of the STM lecturers, I am very sure you are safe.....no Jason Bourne encounter here :-)

Sze Zeng said...

Hi KY,

Ya, I didn't expect him to know because I also share the same suspicion with you that seldom lecturers from TTC or STM read blogs, except the outstanding ones like the chinese Rabbi and Julius Caesar-wanna-be yourself :)

And yes, I don't know him and he doesn't know me, so it's fine. And that's also the reason why I still dare to step into TTC's holy ground (!)

hahahaha