Sunday, May 04, 2008

My Take on WTS' HTFC's Theological Approach

Using the WTS’s HTFC’s “Inspiration and Incarnation: A Response”, I aim to examine WTS’ approaches to doctrinal formulation, which are being used as their measuring tape to negatively evaluate Enns’ thesis. Hence I will not be in any sense defending Peter Enns’ stance in particular. I am more concern with the 3 underlying theological presumptions and methods that gave rise to WTS’ disagreement with Enns.

Part 1. Hermeneutics and Formulation of Doctrine

Part 2. Unfairly Pitting Neo-Orthodoxy as Against the Reformed Tradition

Part 3. Between Provisional and Absolutist Articulation of Doctrine


*WTS’s Hermeneutic Field Committee (HFC) that sympathizes with Peter Enns’ thesis has provided a detailed and extensive reply to the HTFC report. The HFC reply can be found in the downloadable pdf file.

2 comments:

Augustinian Successor said...

Well articulated comment, Joshua! And I've just finished my exams! And I also need time to digest what you have said. Look forward to discussing with you, brother.

Sze Zeng said...

Hi Jason,

Good time is always post-exam time. Look forward to interact with you too :)