Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Isaiah and Complaints

Joyce Meyer said and I paraphrase,

"You don't ask for a bigger house, and then complain that you need to clean it... When you are single, you wanna have someone to eat with. When you are single, you want someone to hug you to sleep. But when you are married, you said, "Leave me alone!"... Compare that to Isaiah 53.7 - He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth."

Ok... I know you are not pondering on my paraphrase of Joyce Meyer above. You are wondering (perhaps with shock) what has Joshua Woo to do with Joyce Meyer, besides we share the same first 2 alphabets 'JO' in our name?... Yes, I confess that I listen to Joyce Meyer... and in fact, I listen to her weekly.

Stop thinking of stoning me, Calvinists! Ya, you might charge me that I'm being unfair for being so critical on Stephen Tong but not on Joyce Meyer. Well, simple reason: at least Joyce Meyer does not misuse others' name or work to build her arguments.

And by the way, Joyce is a Calvinist!!! She said, "We, humans, cannot change people. Only God changes people." How can one be more Calvinist than that?

And you, Arminians, drop the stones!

No comments: