Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bible Study Environment

Last Sunday, my youth group went out from the church to have our Bible study at SMU because there is no QUIET place in the church that is conducive. We thought it is a quiet place. We were so damn wrong. The buses and cars from all the surrounding roads are pains in our ears.

There were only 8 of us, yet barely can we hear ourselves talking. That's the problem for not having enough space. You can't do Bible study! Having a quiet and conducive place is a must. You may have the best Bible and the best knowledge on the Bible, yet without a good conducive environment, you simply cant do group Bible study.

By the way, I have been thinking of quiting leading a youth group for some time now. Partly because I don't think I'm doing a good job. So, it's better for me to let others who can lead better to take the role.

8 comments:

The Inquisitor said...

JOSHUA!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sze Zeng said...

Inquisitor,

YES!!!!!!!

samuel1213 said...

You're allowed to teach? I'm surprised...

Sze Zeng said...

Hi Samuel,

It's by providence :)

samuel1213 said...

For the sake of the church's flock, you will do well to heed this. If not please do what is right and quit.
http://70030.netministry.com/articles_view.asp?articleid=31534&columnid=3801

Sze Zeng said...

Hi Samuel1213,

Last Sunday, I did something different with my BS group.

Basically I just told them not to condemn their homosexual friends and don't think that the Bible in all its bits are relevant to us in our modern world.

And you know what? I'm so glad that the members of the group found it helpful. And I find that's encouraging and feel kind of fresh to lead them. Think I will continue to lead the group for a while.

If you think that I'm so incompetent and you think that I'm not doing good for my bs group and you think that you care enough for the church's flock, please email to the in-charged pastors and convince them about removing me.

I'll be glad and submissive to their authority. They can be contacted through ORPC Pastorate. Email to Rev. David Burke or Pr. Amos Lau.

If not, pls stop your fundamentalistic-nonsense of telling others what's right and wrong in sub-Christian-cowardly anonymity.

samuel1213 said...

Sub-christian?
Perhaps the same too can be said of you, from much of what you have posted online in terms of content and that of the attitude you have shown, especially towards the group you often term and deride as 'fundamentalistic'.

Case of the pot calling the kettle black? :)

Sze Zeng said...

Hi anonymous nonsense, go somewhere else to rot :)