Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pass Down The Love/ Leave A Little Love Behind


In the weekend, Heavenly Harmony (one of our company's voluntary choir group) was priviledged to witness to the pedestrians at Orchard Road through musical skit and songs. They prepared a short skit with the message of giving love away is the way to have more love.

After the skit, they sang Heavenly Melody's "Ba Ai Liu Xia" (Mandarin: Pass Down The Love/ Leave A Little Love Behind) which was based on the Chinese author Ms. Liu Xia, whose work with the disabled gained nation wide sympathy and recognition.

The song is so distinct from Black Eye Pea's "Where is the Love?", though both songs centred on the theme Love. The Pea's is not constructive and lead no one to no where except inspiring people to shove out more complain about the world.


I've translated the lyrics here:

A day will come when my brain wears out;
O, please allow my wisdom stay;
A day will come when my arms lose their strength;
O, please allow my experience stay;
A day will come when my limbs failed to carry me;
O, please allow my determination stay;
A day will come when my heart stop beating;
O, please allow my love to stay.

Leave a little love behind to shower the world with exuberance,
Leave a little love behind to make the world more livable.

No comments: