Saturday, December 17, 2005

Prayer Time

God, almighty Father whose mercy has been with me for so long, i thank you for the strength in carrying out yesterday's task.

Grace me through my struggles everyday. Help me to take delight in your commandments. Supply my soul and spirit with pure joy. Lead me to choose your ways rather than my ways.

Save me from my own wickedness and corruption lest destroyed my soul in your coming wrath. Make me look at your statutes instead of contingents that delight my eyes.

Direct me towards your glory and holiness lest bowed my knees to evil agents for;
You are Lord; neither Hollywood nor Japan is.
You are Lord; neither emotion nor knowledge is.
You are Lord; neither political powers nor peer pressure is.
You are Lord; neither Rx-8 nor Merc SLR is.
You are Lord; neither a seaview condo nor a hill-sight tower is.
You are Lord; neither theologian nor philosopher is.

Take me into your comfort;
Flee me from evil distress;
With your grace alone;
Seek you, my soul, for rest.

As the song sings:

Before the world began, you were on his mind
And every tear you've cried is precious in his eyes
Because of His great love, He gave His only Son
And everything was done so you would come

Nothing you can do can make Him love you more
And nothing that you've done
Can make Him close the door
Because of His great love, He gave His only Son
And everything was done so you would come

Come to the Father though your gift is small
Broken hearts, broken lives He will take them all
The power of the Word, the power of His Love
And everything was done so you would come


2 comments:

jacksons said...

Amen!

jacksons said...

Isa 9:2 ESV
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light;
those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness,
on them has light shined.


2 Cor 4:6 ESV
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merry Christmas to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Jacksons, now 3.