Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My Boss

Today, i want to blog about my boss. He is my direct superior by the name of Tai Zi. I have been working with him since the 1st of July 2004 till now... almost 8 months... and I had never met someone like him before!

First of all, he is a cunnning and yet very humble person. He is very modest in everything but, at the same time, very firm on his stand. He has alot of patience and diligently taught me alot of things. I admire his humility and passion in his service.

Lately he shared with me about his path of concerntrating full time doing outreach through music teaching in a church and, at the same time, involve in some oversea missions.
Isnt that great? His passion for the kingdom and his humility in submitting himself to Christ is just wonderful.

ok, a little bit of his background... he was a rascal before he accepted Christ, he is older than me by approximately 10 years (i guess). He and his wife are blessed with 2 kids. He is sharp minded and innocence at the same time. There were few times when i was surprised by the way he talked to people. He could talk innocently honest to others, which makes them feel secure and comfortable to talk with him.

There are times when he shared with me about his temptations and weaknesses, and apparently those trials are not new to me. I can absolutely relate with him on those. But what opened my eyes is the way he handles these bad times. He looks weak but very very strong in his stand. While, vice versa, i look strong but kind of weak inside.

"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith." Heb 13:7

I cannot compare with him in every aspect of spirituality. If he, who is so much more experienced in the business, and yet humble than me; thus, what makes me think i ought to be more boastful than him? Suddenly i felt so proud. I felt so ignorant. I felt so despicable.

Is there anything really mine to boast about? Is my knowledge mine? Is my body mine? Is my money mine? Is my righteouness mine? ALL IS MINE is just because they were given to me freely... I owe it to the generousity of that Someone.

"But, “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends." 2 Cor 10:17-18

The Lord is the true Boss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting... -lou

Anonymous said...

Looks like we have the same Boss huh? ;)

It is when we are weak, He is made strong in us. So give thanks that u r in a journey to strength :)

Temptations and weaknesses to remind us how human we are, in need constantly of the saving grace...to humble us that indeed, we are nothing without Christ :)

"He is no fool to give what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"- Jim Elliot

-enn@j

Anonymous said...

HE IS NO FOOL

I've lost track of all the Sundays
The offering plates gone by
And as I gave my hard earned dollars
I felt free to keep my life
I talk about commitment
And the need to count the cost
But the words of a martyr show me
I don't really know His cross

For he is no fool
Who gives what he cannot keep
To gain what he cannot lose
Yes, he is no fool
Who lays his own life down
I must make this the path I choose

Obedience and servanthood
Are traits I've rarely shown
And the fellowship of His sufferings
Is a joy I've barely known
There are riches in surrendering
That can't be gained for free
God will share all heaven's wonders
But the price He asks is me.

jack

The Oriental Express said...

Interesting article. Your boss sounds like a unique and colorful person.

Life on earth is temporal.

Just do our best and leave God to do the rest.